Saturday, December 22, 2007

Early bird sale

So my garage sale....yes, believe it or not...its doing great...even the weekend before Christmas! We got home from dropping Charity off at the airport at 5:30 this am, and while we were putting out our signs we had a guy following us (I was a bit worried, but had Jeremy with me:). When we got back home, he pulled in the driveway and asked if we were open yet (remember, this is 5:35am by now!)....so I opened up the garage and he bought $45 worth of stuff, and the people started coming and coming, through the rain this am, the sun this pm and now the wind. I guess its true what they say..."the early birds get the ladder, the grill, the good stuff"!

I even got to see our favorite friends here in Katy, Pastor Al and Rebekah and their son, Taylor stopped by this afternoon, lots of laughs (as always with them:). You know, you can make anything into a good time, even a garage sale. (P.S. if you're interested, I have stuff left)

6 comments:

PAC-Man said...

We were sooooo glad to see you again. I'm looking forward to reading the books picked up at your garage sale (especially Roger's reference books).

If we don't get a chance to share a meal before "you's guys" (I simply cannot say "y'all!), the we'll see you sometime this year in Monterrey.

PS: So "Miss Flight Attendant" had to pay FULL fare! She'll NEVER forget this Christmas!

Sarah said...

sounds like a great time, wow! takes me back to the garage sale i had in your garage in monterrey... where i practically gave stuff away... whoops!

Erin said...

Dear Roger and Debbi,
Congratualtions on the next branch of your journey. Sharing the word, giving of yourselves...you two are such an awesome family. So much has happened in my life since we looked at homes together. Lots of testimonies. I have grown as a Christian and as a believer in so many ways. I am grateful to Pastor Al and Rebekah, FLAG, the two of you, and everyone else who has watered me. When you are back in town, we have a guest room with your name on it. We just moved to the Tomball/Magnolia area, into a cute and cozy log home. There's a queen size bed and private bath with a claw foot tub, with your names on them. It would be awesome to stay in touch if your time allows. Hugs, Loves, and DAILY PRAYERS, Erin <3

audorffs said...

P. Al...glad you're enjoying the books (sorry I forgot to give you the covers to the bins..found them when we packed to leave).

We hope you get your passports soon, so you'll be ready when we get back to Monterrey, then we can get "real tacos" and great Chinese food in Monterrey together!

We really appreciate your friendship alot...love you!!

audorffs said...

Hey Sarah! Happy New Year girl! Sure miss you, but thought about you on Canada's "boxing day!" Yes, another garage sale...whew, glad thats done!
Love ya...Mama Debbi

audorffs said...

Erin,
Wow, what a blessing to hear from you! I was so happy to see you at FLAG last month...sounds like God is doing great things in your life! Thanks for the invite, we just may take you up on it when we come back to Houston...I love the big old claw tubs (used to have one at home when I was little:)
We have some friends that live in both Tomball, and others in Magnolia! God is good.
Please, please stay in touch, ok. Blessings,
Debbi...oh, and Have a Great 2008!!